Below are links to a Python Automation Kit that we recently released as open source.
It is a full wrapping of the Purity OE REST v1.2 API. Any Purity features released through 4.0.8 are included in this release.
The kit should be useful to anyone with Python experience, and the links below include documentation, a PIP installable package, as well as the links to our opensource github repository.
Between this, the PowerShell work we are doing, and other 3rd party integrations, we believe the FlashArray is the easiest to automate AFA available! Stay tuned, lots more coming….
Here are few key points:
- The kit is designed to work with Python 2.6 or later. Python 2.6 has been around for at least 5 years and this or a later version of Python ships in major distributions such as Red Hat, SuSe, Ubuntu, etc…
- The kit is released open source under the BSD-2 open source license: http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause
- We will periodically update the open source code repository, package, and documentation as new capabilities of the Flash Array are surfaced in our REST API
- We will be fostering an active Python discussion on our community.purestorage.com website in the Tools, Tips, and Tricks forum (http://community.purestorage.com/t5/Tools-Tips-Tricks/bd-p/tips-tricks)
- Python is used broadly in Linux community and especially relevant for anyone interested in OpenStack, which is pervasive in OpenStack since many modules are built with it. Also commonly used in Big Data space
- There are example code segments shown in the Quick Start guide on the documentation page below, along with a full API Glossary
For most users I would recommend a quick read through the documentation, then do a PIP install of the package and start playing with it. We want your feedback!
Documentation link: http://pythonhosted.org//purestorage/
PIP installable image is found here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/purestorage
The open source code repository is on GitHub here: https://github.com/purestorage/rest-client
We appreciate any and all feedback.